Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Human Planet

I found this quote I had copied out as I read through a journal I wrote in 2004. It makes the case well for why you should keep a journal and Ron Klug will help you get started:

"My story is important not because it is mine.....but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognise that in many ways it is yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track...of these stories of who we are and where we come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally. To lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but spiritually"

Frederick Buechner



(H/T Take your Vitamin Z)

1 comment:

Clout said...

Great video!
I particularly liked the naked men, hitting each others bottoms with sticks!

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful