1. My pal tells me I am old and not middle aged. Middle age he thinks is mid 30's to early 40's.
2. Dr Moore ask 'Have the planned parenthood films changed anything?'. Do watch his short film which will take you a couple of minutes.
3. After reading this, I bought the new Matt Redman album.
4. I am still reflecting on and preparing for Shared Conversations which I may participate in. I confess that when some paperwork and links came through with the letters 'LGBTIQ' - I had no idea what two extra letters 'I' and 'Q' stood for. Am I alone in this? There unexpected addition made me, a traditionalist/theologically orthodox Anglican, feel freshly a little ignorant about this issue that I have endeavored to think about, read and studied on quite widely and deeply. For your information, the 'I' stands for 'Inter-sex' and the Q for 'Queer' or 'Questioning' depending on which website you read.
5. I am in my BioY reading Ecclesiastes which coincided with Driscoll sending me an email about a new study he has done on the same book. I am wondering about the merits of Bible teaching that is not connected to a local church (as well as teaching from someone so flawed yet gifted). Is this simply a reworking of old material or a fresh, humble study on failure and regret from a book and by a leader who is learning from its lessons and is obviously in need of it?
6. Reading the interview with Jeremy Corbyn in the Belfast Telegraph makes me wonder if Labour party members have really thought through who they want as their leader.
7. It's bake off time of year. Here's how to make a sourdough loaf.
8. We made Ella's Veggie Lasagne and we are in agreement that the one thing it supremely lacked was meat.
9. We are watching Series 4 of Suits.
10. My mother in law loved reading Lila and found it hard to finish.
A big shout out for a friend's book 'All sorts of possible' '(and my sister's partner) which is published today.If you read it and like it tell others. I plan that a review will follow....