Thursday, March 18, 2010

Purpose


Leaders that last is a book packed with wisdom.

In the chapter on purpose, he commends the idea of writing down a purpose statement. I did this quite a few years ago having been forced to do it on an expensive leadership program my firm sent me on.

It is one of the most helpful things I have ever done .

The book that Kraft recommends to help you in this task is one I have never heard of. He writes:

"One of the best books I have found on the subject of formulating your purpose is The Path by Laurie Beth-Jones" [Page 45]

($0.08 on Amazon!)

Buying this and booking some time out in your schedule with a Moleskine might be just the launch pad you need.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful