Friday, March 27, 2009

Something to say

I have started to read Eat pray love and am enjoying it. When it arrived and I looked at the cover I suspected, just maybe, it had not been written for men. It was probably not going to be about fly-fishing for wild sea trout in Patagonia or likely to be found on the bedside table of Mark Driscoll. The clue is perhaps in the by-line 'One woman's search for everything'. However, having watched this, Elizabeth Gilbert who I had never heard of, struck me as someone who might have something quite interesting to say-5 million people think so. So far, I think she is thoughtful, entertaining and is giving me an insight into the soul of our times.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful