Thursday, March 19, 2009

Faith like potatoes

A friend Mark, who is South African,  joined our church a few months ago and lent me Faith like potatoes. It sat on the shelf in my study for months until he was desperate for it back which prompted me to watch it. 

I am so glad I did.

This is a 2 DVD deal-the first is the film which is moving, but there is something incredible about then watching South African farmer and evangelist Angus Buchan telling his own story. 

One thing Angus Buchan said stuck with me. 

"God is not looking for your ability he is looking for your availability"

This man has radically made himself available and watching this will be sure to stoke the fire of your faith.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful