Friday, June 11, 2010

Blog-sweep

I've given the blog a new look!

Just a few bits and bobs today.

I got a first for my essay on "Who is right Eugene Peterson or Bill Hybels?" so feeling momentarily chuffed.

Love these amazing things including a new hotel idea in my own fine city.

This album called Limbs and branches is a beautiful thing that you should own

I sent this talk to a few folk on how to love your wife- it's a belter.

Bishop Nick on baby scan Jesus

It is good to know that happiness is the end of creation.

A new book from Marylinne Robinson who is always worth a read.

Jenny has written a great post on a project called Restored.

Finally, some people think they are 'called' and here is Martin Luther on whether you've got what is needed.

5 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Wow! Love what you've done with the place.

Great new look.

David Cooke said...

Thank you. It needed a facelift I think!

Anonymous said...

Blog looks great!

Thank you for posting the Resurgence post on discerning a higher calling towards the ministry -- very helpful and sound advice.

Have a good weekend
Churchmouse

Clout said...

I'm left wondering why I wasn't included in your 'mailing' of the "How to love your wife" talk!
Don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign?!

David Cooke said...

You show everyone the way! Grace my friend. It's well worth a listen.

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful