Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Banana

Radio 4 told me this morning that they spent £200m on the Blood Sunday Inquiry. I'll say that again. £200m.

Yesterday, I got into a discussion with my neighbour and her amiable friend and at one point I said "I am a banana" to make a point about the gap between what I might think and what is the reality. You probably had to be there but it was a fun and interesting discussion. My neighbour makes glassware and sells her work here .

We talked a lot about truth which reminded me of this excellent talk 'Absolutism: Don't we all have to find truth for ourselves?'


While driving on Sunday afternoon, I caught the amazing story of Kim Fook the child from this famous photo from the Vietnam war. It's called 'The girl in the picture'.

Also, you probably don't want to miss Frank Sinner on Desert Island Discs.

If you want a stunning talk on the Cross then go no further than this given by Driscoll at Saddleback.

I recommended I am second to someone at church as both great film and story-making and moving content-not least the tale of the lead singer of Korn Brian Welch.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Keller's talk on Absolutism is one of my all time favourite sermons. Good recommendation cookster.
Peas
M : )

David Cooke said...

Glad to hear from you my friend. Had a great day with your pa! Grace D

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful