1. Watching this made me think afresh about the Great Commission
2. I bought a book (The Life of A W Pink) from Amazon and a dear lady rang me on Saturday to tell me that the one I ordered was soft back not hardback as she had advertised. She is the widow of a Welsh pastor who died leaving his library of 5000 books. She is selling them piece by piece (800 so far) and tries to pray for each person who buys one by name and said she would be praying for me. Amazing. If you want to know how you become a Welsh pastor with 5000 books you would do well to read this truly gripping biography.
3. I enjoy a book recommendation and this line from 'Different' struck me:
'One of the most inspiring books I have read in recent years was the autobiographical account of a remarkable man called Jan Karski.' p. 193
4. Elaine Storky, who taught me at Vicar Factory, has written a piece about the Sheffield Bishop incident.
5. This post which you should read contains this great line: 'We cannot know who we are without first knowing whose we are'
6. Ru did a fantastic job with John 3 yesterday. She is such a gifted evangelist.
7. I have been mulling on this:
'The American motivational speaker Jim Rohn famously said 'You are the average of the five people you spend time with' quoted in Different, p. 199.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...