1. I've spent the day talking and learning about mission. Here is the quote that has stuck with me:
'Mission takes place when we honour the presence of the Spirit in ordinary believers'
2. I've reread a chapter in 'Different' about kindness and it made me pray to be a kinder man and also that our church would be a place where people meet with kindness.
'Abraham Heschel once wrote that when he was young he admired intelligent people, but as he grew older what impressed him most was meeting kind people.' p, 99
3. I am musing on the fact that the early church managed to grow without a snazzy website.
4. Preaching a sermon called 'The Free Gift' in a church I attended for many years made me cry but I pulled myself together eventually.
5. Imagine a life and achievements that sought not to be remembered.
6. I enjoyed 'On my bookshelf' and am often blessed by David Murray's blog.
7. Someone sent my wife this who then sent it to me. We are looking at 'How and why should I read the Bible?' tonight at Alpha.
8. If you were picking a starter book to read, this might be the most helpful.
9. This sentence from 'Grace in practice' has lingered:
'The past resolved gives the present its only chance' p. 13
10. I chatted with a dear pal who attended a Korean pastors prayer meeting held in his church. He told me what struck him was they prayed with 'expectancy' that God would answer. Expectancy.Years ago, I read this book and feel I should dig it out again.
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Post a Comment