Tuesday, February 09, 2016

The Bible in my life



"My trust in God's word is greater, my submission to God's word is deeper, and my love of God's word is sweeter as a result of reading this book. For these reasons, I cannot recommend it highly enough'

David Platt on 'Taking God at his word'

I am giving a talk as part of a Lent series for 'Churches together in Barnes' and the title I have been given is 'The Bible in my life.'

I often like to read a new book about a subject area I am speaking on and spotted this on the book table last Friday. I think it will be good sustenance for me as I prepare this talk and might be a good Lent read if you are looking for something to ignite your Bible reading.

I am not sure I have the talk honed yet but my four points (which may well change) are:

1. The Bible reveals Jesus
2. The Bible has authority
3. The Bible speaks and calls
4. The Bible points us to the Good news

I am giving the talk at HT Barnes @ 7.30-9pm on Thursday 18th February and you are very welcome to come and listen.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful