2. I reflected afresh on the impact Simon Walker had on me as an ordinand as I reread his book and thought about my own leadership. I do aspire to be as 'undefended' as possible which I always found a helpful leadership descriptor.
'If you want to know who someone is, do not look at them- instead, as my first boss said, 'Look at the spaces between them and others'. It is in the space that we will come to see who they are. It is the relationships that a person's character is revealed and their identity shown.'
Subversive Leadership, p. 52
3. I enjoyed watching this about the Cayman Islands.
4. Transexuality is seemingly the chattering classes and Hollywood's subject of the moment. Melanie Phillips has a view.
5. I'm being blessed and helped by 'To die is gain'
6. I am preaching on Phil 2 and this post suggests humility=transparency.
7. I am pondering the curious maths of a growing church.
8. The main reason people leave a church
9. I am speaking at a Watoto event at Greycourt school tomorrow night.
10. Driscoll is planting a church in Pheonix.
11. 'Spotlight' film review (h/t Jonny Baker)