Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Prayer check-up

Here is a confession. I arrived at our early morning prayer meeting an hour early and felt like a complete idiot. We meet weekly and this prayer meeting is spectacularly poorly attended but it is a little piece of treasure as a few of us pray through a Psalm together.

I revisited a truly helpful talk called 'Personal prayer'. This is rather like having a personal prayer MOT and there are truths imparted in this half hour that have sustained me for a decade. I hope it blesses and teaches you and reminds you as it has me.

Some links you may want having listened to it are to Answering God and to the Edward's sermon Christian Happiness.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful