Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Praying the Psalms, Keller and the Prodigal God

Well, a short time away but I now read that all four of my readers missed the blog and it was one of them that prompted my return. He has just seen Keller at the Willow Creek and he is so full of praise that I thought I would share my latest Keller treat for him.

You may wonder how Tim Keller became so wise- one thing he puts it down to is:


You could do very little worse that get these two talks and put into practice what he teaches- I have been doing something a bit like this (as all good Anglican clergy do!) for some time. I am no Keller but have been blessed by taking his advice.

The books he recommends to get you into the Psalms are:

Tremper Longman How to read the Psalms

Eugene Peterson Answering God


Another piece of news. 

There is a new Prodigal God resource that looks well worth getting hold of.

So too is his article on the missional church.

May this be a blessing dear friends.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful