Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fainting fits

One of Spurgeon's lectures to his students is called 'The Minister's Fainting Fits' and in it he tells of the propensity of preachers to experience bouts of depression or 'soul-trouble'. Anyone given over to the service and pursuit of following Jesus and making him known to others might find consolation in reading his wisdom from this great man who has experienced such things.

''Knowing by most painful experience what deep depression of spirit means, being visited therewith at seasons by no means few and far between, I thought I might be consolatory to some of my brethren if i gave my thoughts thereon....'

[Lectures to my students, Page 166]

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful