Thanks to Steve Furtick for this idea.
We so easily get dry and disillusioned with God and weary with life. If you find yourself in that place today then why not resolve to do one or more of these:
1. Pray Psalm 27 out loud slowly
2. Do some exercise and eat something healthy
3. Write a list of things you are thankful for (1 Thes 5:18).
4. Watch, listen, sing along and dance around your kitchen to How Great
5. Having done Number 4 with all your family then explain to each other what it means to be a child of God (John 1:12-13)
6. Take your wife on a date (Eph 5:25)
7. Read a gospel through in one sitting
8. Take a nap
9. Encourage someone who encourages you (Hebrews 3:13)
10. Pray in tongues (if you have this gift) for 10 minutes (1 Cor 14:4)
11. Write someone an encouraging letter
12. Tidy up your office/ study
13. Find a place to serve in your church (Romans 7:6)
14. Go back to church
15. Give some cash away (2 Cor 8:7)
16. Listen to Running with the witnesses.
17. Confess a sin/ your sins/ a secret sin to someone you trust (James 5:6)
18. Call on the name of Jesus
19 Plan to spend a morning alone with God (Matt 6:6 -put it in your diary)
20. Allow your husband/ wife/ a friend to spend a morning with God and enable them (put it in their diary)
21. Go and look at something beautiful ( go around a gallery, visit a cathedral or wander around a museum)
22. Eat your favourite food
23. Watch a movie that makes you laugh
24, Lay hands on your kids as they sleep and pray for them
25. Make love to your spouse (1 Cor 7:5)
26. Call a friend you haven't spoken to for a while and catch up on their news
27. Buy a present for a friend for no reason other than to bless them and if you can't think of anything make it Fresh Wind Fresh Fire.
28. Start a journal with the help of this
29. Sit in a nice pub in a nice place and have a drink and eat a bag of S & V crisps
30. Oh and last but not least- eat curry.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
30 things to do for a soul MOT
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Lists tend to help me organise life and this list is definitely a Good List. Thanks, Hannah
Post a Comment