Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Strategy

'Doing nothing is the only option that is not viable' (p.3)
A Strategy for Mission

My Diocese covers half of London and now has 'A Strategy for Mission'. Yes. The Diocese of Southwark has a strategy for mission. This is the most exciting thing I have read in a long time and I have scribbled all over my copy. We have also appointed Stephen Hance to be Canon Missioner (That's C of E for someone who knows something about mission, planting, leadership and evangelism) All we now need is money, people and prayer and God's got all three in measure.

Oh, and this document contains the words 'Church' and 'Planting'. Did I mention I wrote something called Why Plant Churches?

This is worth a re-listen and you can read the detail here.


No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful