Monday, January 16, 2012

Too much cowardice in the British Church?

Now in recent days there has been a bit of a broo-ha-ha brewing due to some alleged things an American pastor from Seattle said about British bible teachers. As I am both British and a preacher it is clearly worth some food for thought.

Mark Driscoll has written a post called 'A Blog Post for the Brits' in response to his statements being taken out of context. In the meantime, it might be helpful to listen to what Mark Driscoll and his wife actually said and it is possible hear the interview they gave to Premier Radio.

The Tall Skinny Kiwi has some initial thoughts.

I have views that I will try and share soon if I have time and, for what it's worth, I think he may have a point or two but you decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George Whitfield “Let my name be forgotten, let me be trodden under the feet of all men, if Jesus may thereby be glorified…let us look above names and parties; let Jesus be our all in all…I care not who is uppermost. I know my place…even to be the servant of all.”

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful