Sunday, September 06, 2009

Blog-sweep

The conversion of the KKK

Justification: Most readers may not want to spend an hour looking at a debate on the New Perspective. However, it is a good was to assess your understanding of the word 'Gospel'. If you want a primer here might help and I found it to be helpful. We had a talk at college and I just about understood what the clever folk were on about. I have explored it more since then and increasingly think that church leaders (I include myself here) need to better get their heads around this debate. NT Wright is the theologian of the moment and is hugely influential. I would commend listening to this in tandem with Keller's talk 4 of 'Preaching to the post-modern world'. Go crazy and read it (watch it) on a study day.

Understanding the bible as story.


Finally, how do you enter a strange new world?

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful