1, Unbelievable carnage in Manchester as captured here.
2. My friend Simon saved our church weekend as our speaker cancelled with three weeks to go. You should listen to these talks on Ephesians 3. It's quite beyond me why someone wouldn't want to hear these three talks at one of the big summer festivals but of course we'd rather have a 'big name' which is of course our great loss. It never ceases to amaze me the treasure trove of teachers and preachers the fly under a C of E banner. We were so blessed. Get Si to do your next weekend away.....
3. Seven ways the OT deepens our love for Jesus
4, Simon ended his talks with this quote from Kierkegaard
''For all that has been thanks. For all that will be yes'
5. I am looking forward to hanging out with Darryl this weekend. I've read and been blessed by his blog for many years.
6. Good post about old books.
7. The book Grit was mentioned on our church weekend and a few of our number have done the Grit test.
8. Off to Canada to do a church weekend for a dear pal and to preach a bit so the blog will be quiet for a few days.
9. I am just closing out 'Love does'.
10. This is a horrifying fact.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...