1. I was reminded yesterday by Will's sermon of grace He started a six-week series inspired by 'Jesus continued'.
2. The current UK leadership vacuum reminds us all of the need for some sort of plan. Michael Hyatt wrote a book called 'Living Forward' which we could have done with a bit of recently.
3. Eric Metaxas has a new book out. In this review, my interest peaked at the mention of a James K A Smith book called 'You are what you love: The spiritual power of habit' which has reviews packed with theological debate. I lingered a while reading them.
4. Interesting reflections on Ian Paul's blog about 'priestly ministry'.
5. I am still enjoying Jonathan Martin's 'How to survive a shipwreck' which I would recommend to anyone who wants to dig deep below your own surface waters.
6. I have rediscovered Piper talks in the early and sleep-interrupted hours and listened to this one called 'The bondage of the will'.
7. The BiOY has been such a blessing recently.
8. Andrea Leadsom was very composed until Marr caught her napping at the end with a blinding question about her tax returns.
9. Tim Challies mentions a few new and notable books.
10. Brexit and social divisions.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...