1. Interesting piece in the Guardian about the Conservatives doing God again.
2. A review of 'Why vote leave' which new Tory cabinet ministers will probably all have on their bedside tables.
3. May's mission
4. We had a great word at 'The Sanctuary' (our monthly prayer night) on 'Come to me all you who are burdened'. This post on 'The spirituality of vacation' is worth a read.
5. A week until a crowd of us head off to Focus
6. I am preaching on spiritual gifts in a series inspired by reading 'Jesus continued'. This quote is included in Sunday's message.
"Whatever you are good at, do it well for the glory of God- and do it somewhere strategic for the mission of God " (p. 129)
7. Ian Paul on Synod's shared conversations. This post 'Where the difference lies' also caught my eye quoting Ruth Gledhill suggesting that sexuality issues have at their root the role of Biblical authority.
8. I learnt yesterday about Pokemon go
9. This photo made me smile.
10. I chatted with a mum today about video games and a particular incident her child had faced relating to 'Grand theft auto'. Driscoll was asked recently 'Should a Christian play video games'. I have in the past found his three categories: Receive, Reject or Redeem quite helpful when thinking about cultural engagement.