Sunday, March 06, 2016

Unflagging trust

Someone sent me this in reponse to my sermon this morning:


'In the arc of my unremarkable life, wherein the victories have been small and personal, the trials fairly pedestrian, and the failures large enough to deeply wound me and those I love, I have repeated endlessly the pattern of falling down and getting up. Each time I fall, I am propelled to renew my efforts by a blind trust in the forgiveness of my sins from sheer grace, in the aquittal, vindication and justification of my ragged journey based not on any good deeds i have done, the approach taken by the Pharisee  in the temple, but on an unflagging trust in the love of a gracious and merciful God'


Brennan Manning, Ruthless Trust

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful