Friday, July 11, 2014

Love knows no end

I am trying to write a talk and currently, if I'm honest, it's really not very good at all. My wife responded by telling me that even if it's the worst talk ever given and it get's worse not better as I write it, this doesn't change God's love for me or who I am in Him (Nicky Lee's coin illustration comes to mind as I think of this). That was a helpful and timely gospel corrective. She then sat me down, prayed for me and made me listen to this. It was just what was needed.

Maybe you too are anxious, struggling, have things out of perspective or are just trying to get something done or finished? I can't solve whatever it is for you but I can recommend simply closing your eyes and taking a few moments to listen to this. Then turn it into prayer.


No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful