Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Giggles



Last night, despite being determined to get my essay done I was worn down by my friends Si and Clare to come for supper and in the end gave up. We ate together (v. good spag bol) and caught up and then they had planned to watch a DVD. We all then realized that the clocks were going forward hence the DVD was out and so for some reason Si went and dug out his much worn copy of Adrian Plass He started to read out chucks of it to us. I cannot tell you how much we laughed. I laughed and laughed and laughed until it hurt so badly I had to beg him to stop reading.

This book alone is reason enough to 1) become a born-again Christian 2) become a Charismatic. You see to not be both of these is to miss out on one of the great joy-giving gifts to humanity-namely Adrian Plass. If there were a Pulitzer Prize for Christian books this would have to win. I shouldn't wonder if when I go to glory I may not find the Lord himself thumbing through his copy smiling with bemusement over what we have made of the Christian life.

Become a Christian and join the local church, just so can enjoy this book. Everything else will follow.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful