Sunday, March 02, 2008

Going a bit Dada


A few weeks ago I read an article about a new exhibition at the Tate Modern of Dada art. The Dada crowd had the idea that they could make anything art and so they took the most bizarre things (a urinal for example!) and wrote their name in it and called it art. The exhibition is called Duchand, ManRay and Picabia and is thought-provoking if nothing else. I confess I am one for the headphone guide even though you look a bit of a dork you do leave the gallery rather better informed.

My spirituality tutor at college said that one of the places he goes to feel closest to God is the Mark Rothko room in the Tate Modern. So, as I was there, I decided I would find the room and have a sit and see. I must admit it was rather good for the soul-do give it are try

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful