Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Indescribable



My friend Julie sent me an email enthusing about Indescribable by Louie Giglio and said that she thought it was so good she has bought me a copy. I am looking forward to seeing it. I have been listening to the radio quite a bit and while driving this morning enjoyed 1968 Myth or reality. Now, whilst of course I was not involved in these protests, (being so very young!) they clearly set the tone for much that played out in later times. Or did they? What impressed me was at least in 1968 people got passionate about something, rather than today's prevalent apathy to most things. Or is it that I am missing something? What do people stand outside student unions and protest about? I hope it is the Aids pandemenic, global poverty, the enviroment and obviously the fact that I can't use my Oyster card on the tube and the overland railway. Now there's one for Boris, Ken and friends....

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful