1. Mrs C's talk is now up and I think it's brilliant but I am biased. It's her first at HT Barnes.
2. Mrs C was blown away by Keller's talk on Esther and the Silent Sovereignty of God.
3. We are reading through Mark's gospel on Monday evenings with a gathering of saints using this resource. Some food, some study, some stories and prayer.
4. I have picked up Mary's book and it's moved me again. What a life of following the Spirit. A good one to recommend to anyone married to a Vicar as Mrs C now finds herself to be.
5. Our evening service started well. John Mumford of the Vineyard Movement came to visit us weeks after I planted here and I asked him for some advice and he said:
'Don't count the numbers and have fun'.
The longer I do this the more I learn that numbers don's tell you very much about the effectiveness of your discipleship. Thank goodness for that.
6. 'Raising a child is like building a house' an Old Albanian Proverb quoted in 'Raising passionate Jesus Followers'
7. I am spending the afternoon sitting at the feet of Sandy Millar. Over 30 years ago, my sister turned to me in her car as we parked in Chiswick and said: 'I've become a born again Christian' and I thought she'd lost the plot. She invited me to HTB and Sandy spoke for 40 minutes on 'Revival'. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I left that night wondering what on earth all those people were on and the only thing I knew was I wasn't on it. By grace, I now am.
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Post a Comment