1. A few members of one of our day time groups wanted a recommendation of a book on Biblical meditation. 'The lost art of mediation' was the one that came to mind.
2. Listening to 'Getting to the bottom of your joy' greatly impacted my heart when I listened to it a few years ago. I am quoting some of it on Sunday.
3. Danielle Strickland's description of leading someone to Jesus has stayed with me (starts 10.09).
4. I watched a promotional clip of a pal's church and they had someone dressed up as bear to welcome people. Perhaps that's where my church growth strategy has been going wrong?
5. Mrs C gave a great talk at our monthly prayer meeting last night.
6. A growing number of churches in the C of E are failing to cover the costs of their Vicar. Should nothing change, this is not destined to end well.
7. I am someone's 'Spiritual director', at least that's what they call m,e and I've been pondering what this means. I am reading Soul friend to find out more which been sitting on my shelf unread for some years.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...