2. On the subject of sexuality, a pal commended Jon Tyson's recent sermon in his series 'The Controversial Jesus' which they thought was the most helpful on the subject they had ever listened to.
3. I am currently studying 1 Corinthians and recommend the short commentary by Leon Morris. He says more in one paragraph than others do with ten times the amount of words.
4. It is Christian Aid week and I often ponder how long such a week can be sustained on a national level in a post-Christian culture. Christian Aid do amazing work but their brand is now an anathema to most of the culture who's doors are knocked on.
5. I was recommended 'This cultural moment' as a good podcast. One for when you next walk the dog (if you have one)
6. A couple of members of our team attended the National Foodbank Conference (we run ours here) and the quote that stuck with both of them was this:
'...the opposite of poverty is community'
7. An update on Lambeth 2020 which is shaping up to be a seminal moment for the C of E.
8. We are excited to be supporting (with a couple of other churches and initiated by 'The Riverbank Trust') the birth of one of these locally which I shared with our church family last Sunday.