The Imperfect Disciple'. They are walking with grace and courage through cancer together so its very encouraging they are being strengthened by it. She told me to 'keep on blogging and recommending' so hence today's post. I also recommended 'Gospel wakefulness' to her.
2. As a direct result of this article and then cutting back on news/internet/social media use I read so much more.
3. We are starting the year with a weekly prayer night on Wednesday evenings. These articles on prayer were a spur for me. Tonight we are going to be praying a Psalm and taking an hour to do so.
4. I have ordered a fresh pile of books that appealed from all the 'Book lists' of 2017. The one I've just started is called 'The Strong and the Weak'. A pal put me onto reading and rereading John Eldredge last year so I have ordered his new book too. I am aware I have yet to do my list.
5. I am planning to revisit 'Ordering your private world' as my life has more demands and my heart always needs more attention, protection and care.
6. This piece on 'Are Clergy worth it?' was interesting. As I don't receive a C of E funded stipend and am resourced directly by the saints of Barnes you'll have to ask them....
7. A pastor pal has been impacted by 'A Disruptive Generosity' by Mac Pier. He tells me it's one to give or recommend to those 'in the market place' in your church.
8. A helpful piece on 'How to help your children read the Bible'
9. This quote is true for me: 'As I get older, I see more of my own sin and thus become more humble. As I get older, I see more of my own flaws and thus become more patient. As I get older, I see more of my own weakness and slowness and inadequacy and thus become more gentle'
The Imperfect Pastor
10. Another quote gleaned from the deep well of Jared Wilson that I have been mulling on. Indeed, my question from it is what is it I revere and will it ruin or restore me?:
'What people revere, they resemble, either for ruin or restoration' G K Beale
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Aluya can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at: email@example.com. or whatsapp him on: +2348055431163.
Post a Comment