Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday musing

1. My pal Matthew preached on 'Hope' yesterday and I enjoyed the phrase 'confident anticipation'.

2. This morning I told the story of our church plant to someone which was a helpful process of recalling all that God has done.

3. There is much talk about 'Mindfulness' these days and here are two perspectives about the idea of 'Christian mindfulness'. A yes and a no.

4. I enjoyed this piece about the benefits of long term tenure.

5. Keller has a book about Christmas coming out.

6. Always a good corrective to read 'Four warning signs you won't survive in ministry'

7. I am being blessed by my immersion in Song of Songs through reading Charlie Cleverly's new book 'The Song of Songs: Exploring the Divine Romance'. He was my Vicar when I lived in Oxford.

8. I am preaching about 'Heaven' in a few weeks and Randy Alcorn writes often about it.

9. A take on Halloween (in an American context).

10. The internal battles of even the best pastors.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful