1. My pal Matthew preached on 'Hope' yesterday and I enjoyed the phrase 'confident anticipation'.
2. This morning I told the story of our church plant to someone which was a helpful process of recalling all that God has done.
3. There is much talk about 'Mindfulness' these days and here are two perspectives about the idea of 'Christian mindfulness'. A yes and a no.
4. I enjoyed this piece about the benefits of long term tenure.
5. Keller has a book about Christmas coming out.
6. Always a good corrective to read 'Four warning signs you won't survive in ministry'
7. I am being blessed by my immersion in Song of Songs through reading Charlie Cleverly's new book 'The Song of Songs: Exploring the Divine Romance'. He was my Vicar when I lived in Oxford.
8. I am preaching about 'Heaven' in a few weeks and Randy Alcorn writes often about it.
9. A take on Halloween (in an American context).
10. The internal battles of even the best pastors.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...