Today is Ash Wednesday:
1. Not your typical Ash Wednesday is worth a read
2. Once again 40 Acts has produced a number of good and encouraging things to do during Lent. You can ask yourself the gratitude questions in your journal.
3. I am re-reading 'A Resilient Life' as my Lent read.
4. Sometimes it's good to take something up. Mine is walking, which is being facilitated by a new gadget a chappy in our church recommended.
5. Tonight I am cooking a fish curry for some new friends. Fish is always linked with things Catholic as they seem to eat it on a Friday for some reason. Is Ash Wednesday a non-fish or a fish day I wonder?
6. The C of E's Election Pastoral letter had the LBC phone lines abuzz as I drove back from my weekly early prayers with a group of local pastors. The front page of the Times told me Mr Cameron is very ticked off with the Bishops.
7. Pat preached up a storm on Psalm 51. We're in a series that I've called 'Praying the Psalms' and reflecting on sin was sobering for us all as Lent approached.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Seven thoughts for Lent
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Thanks for including a link to my gratitude questions post, David. :-)
Post a Comment