Today is Ash Wednesday:
1. Not your typical Ash Wednesday is worth a read
2. Once again 40 Acts has produced a number of good and encouraging things to do during Lent. You can ask yourself the gratitude questions in your journal.
3. I am re-reading 'A Resilient Life' as my Lent read.
4. Sometimes it's good to take something up. Mine is walking, which is being facilitated by a new gadget a chappy in our church recommended.
5. Tonight I am cooking a fish curry for some new friends. Fish is always linked with things Catholic as they seem to eat it on a Friday for some reason. Is Ash Wednesday a non-fish or a fish day I wonder?
6. The C of E's Election Pastoral letter had the LBC phone lines abuzz as I drove back from my weekly early prayers with a group of local pastors. The front page of the Times told me Mr Cameron is very ticked off with the Bishops.
7. Pat preached up a storm on Psalm 51. We're in a series that I've called 'Praying the Psalms' and reflecting on sin was sobering for us all as Lent approached.