Sunday, October 04, 2009

An uncommon effect

An old Vicar of mine always used to say in his marriage talk that 'good marriages are made'. I have now finished reading Counterfeit Gods and heartily recommend it. I am sure there will be many reviews. One thing that many may not mention is a short comment in the acknowledgments that Keller offers about his wife.

It moved me.

"I must say to Kathy what John Newton wrote to his wife Polly, namely, it is wonder if so many years, so many endearments, so many obligations have produced such an uncommon effect, that by long habit, it is almost impossible for me to draw a breath, in which you are not involved"

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful