Saturday, September 26, 2009

Things to make you smile and think

Yesterday, I went to one of the best exhibitions I have ever seen. I am a Friend of the Royal Academy and Anish Kapoor is something you should not miss. It is worth coming to London for:) Stunning. One exhibit literally made people smile as they entered the room.

Afterwards, I went to Hatchards and bought the latest book by Tony Benn. It is a really interesting read. I also looked at the new (re-released and 750 pages) biography of Cardinal Newman. Too many pages for my but passing interest I fear.

If you want a view on the new Dan Brown book here is a reflection.

I met a friend for lunch and he recommended this which had been recommended to him. I now recommend it to you but have no idea what it is like...

Another friend, who is a huge John Mayer fan, recommended his new single. The Stereophonics have a new single out too which I have been humming all week.

Finally, here is a bit of Tony Benn.




No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful