Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Saturday Blog (ish)-Sweep

Sometimes I do wonder about the internet and the bother of blogging but I think as it indicated here- the internet changes all the rules.

I know of very very few English pastors who blog or know what a blog is. One who happily does wonders about the idea of an internet proposal.

The news item of the week that I have been pondering is the new legislation on children that has provoked Matthew Parris to strong and sensible words.

Brian Mclaren is rather foolishly observing ramadan. (Making the gospel 'new' was and is a rather tall order...)



Amena Brown reminds me of the power of the spoken word.

My ipod song of the moment is Dream Catch Me.

A free copy of the book Fight Club

One of the preachers I enjoy listening to is now on-line and his sermon on Joseph called 'When God wants a man' blessed me.

A friend insisted on showing me this John Martyn song 'May you never' and the smile on Kathy Mathea's face and the final comment at the end are joy. A moment of musical genius. While you are on this- check out Iris Dement singing 'Our town'.

If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda you should. It made me laugh out loud.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful