Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Impartation?

A friend mailed me some thoughts:

That article in Charisma is the best thing I have read on this -
generous but cautious, corrective without condemning. I liked the tone
the author took, he raised the issues which have concerned me & he
offered wise and biblical pointers.

I would like to hear more on the legitimacy of one man doing all the
impartation every night, indeed the very legitimacy of such a notion of
anointing/impartation for healing - perhaps Romans1v11?

I personally have come from the Wimber tradition where the Spirit is
welcomed and sought by the individual, people may pray & bless what God
is doing, but there was no hype & no central individual 'doing all the
stuff' - indeed Wimber would often leave the platform & go for a pizza!

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful