1. I am starting a new sermon series on Psalm 23 that will last four weeks. There are lots of books that are good on this but if you wanted one, 'The Good Shepherd' by Kenneth Bailey is hard to beat.
2. I am reading the 'Reappearing church' with my early morning pastors prayer group. It's a great resource.
3. The documentary 'Exposed' is necessary watching for anyone who leads a church or oversees anything to do with children or young people. One of my team who watched it described it as 'jaw dropping'. Horrific and stomach churning.
4. If you don't get Ryan Holiday's email about reading and books you should.
5. So grateful for Peter from OM who came to inspire us to global mission yesterday. If you are in London do invite him to come and speak in your church.
6. I read this quote today as I studied Psalm 23 and it struck me:
'It is clear that Christ himself was responsible for the drawing near of sinners who came to him and sat to eat with him. They came because in him they discovered themselves to be lost, and their tormented consciences found rest and peace. They loved him because they felt his love for them'
Matta al Miskin
The Good Shepherd, p 115
7. A piece on 'Bishop's statement on Civil Partnerships'
Monday, January 27, 2020
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Post a Comment