1. Philip North gave what some have hailed as a prophetic word on the poor directed to clergy to New Wine last week and this morning I have read it. It's a challenge to those of us not ministering on estates and also to the church planting strategy of the HTB/New Wine network. It is worth a read and some reflection. A pal who was there said it was, and I quote, 'electrifying'
2. Roger Olson has summarized what he considers to be the basic tenets of liberal theology.
3. An interview with Eugene Peterson pre-gay marriage gate.
4. 18 books on suffering
5. Apparently research shows that sabbaticals are good for organisations which is good as I am about to take one.
6. Interesting post about Google doing what the church perhaps should be?
7. I am walking a stretch of the Camino and a friend met the man who wrote 'Taking God for a Walk' so I've bought it as preparatory reading.
The blog has been very quiet but I am putting my toes in the water again. We'll see how it goes. The book I read over Christmas was one...
I watched the Cornel West interview and he quotes a Tennessee Williams essay called 'the Catastrophe of Success' which makes inter...
My pal David is a thoughtful friend and we discuss 'matters theological' regularly. I asked him to have a muse on the Keller conver...
If you have not heard of Rob Bell welcome-this is called the Internet. He is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church , (not to be co...