Sunday, July 05, 2015

A song and a book


Since becoming a father books about fathers and sons have been catching my eye. Ann Voskamp has put me onto this book.

One of the blogs that has writing that often moves me is 'Echoes and Stars' and this post did just that. I read it and then sat alone listening to the song 'Heaven in my heart' reading the lyrics and felt something I can't quite put words to. Maybe you will experience the same.

A final thought from Andrew Wilson who drew my attention in BiOY to the fact that Revival happens in us first. This  is something for us all to be praying as we step out to our churches this summers morn.

 
"Revive us, and we will call on your name!" Notice: "restore life to us", not "create life in them." Revival starts with God's people.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful