1. I have been reading the sermon collections 'Come thou long expected Jesus' and 'Proclaiming Christmas' as fuel for Advent.
2. It's hard to put into words the moment I had reading Chapter 13 'Intimacy: Finding His Grace in Keller's 'Prayer'. Finding his grace indeed. It is interesting that he concludes that the most complete method of prayer is to be found in Cranmer's daily office in the BCP and in his monthly rotation of the Psalms confirming what some of us have suspected for a while- that Keller really wishes he was a clergyman in the C of E :)
3. J John told the story of O Little town of Bethlehem at our Carol Service and used this verse as his salvation receiving prayer.
'O holy Child of Bethlehem!
Descend to us, we pray;
Cast out our sin and enter in,
Be born in us to-day.'
4. I love the question 'If God could do a miracle in your life what would it be?'
5. I read 'Mountains of the Mind' while having a few days off last week.
6. I am 90 pages into Boettner on Predestination as a result of Joni Earickson Tada's recommendation of it in Indelible Ink. Article 17 for those of you who are Anglican.....
7. If you want a 'new year is coming sort yourself out and get organised in your soul' type book packed with common sense and basic biblical wisdom then 'Simplify' might be for you.
8. We will finish up Galatians before Christmas and of all the commentaries I read I really appreciated 'Exalting Jesus in Galatians'
9. Maybe you should start a journal? Put this on your list for Santa (a bargain @ £0.01).
10. Ian Paul's piece on the autumn statement is worth a read.
Monday, December 08, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The first Joel
I am still on Joel and included Rev 9 in my Sunday sermon and I also tell the story of a wonderful answered prayer.. The answer was connecte...
Why did Trump win? and How social justice ideology gave us Donald Trump True leadership is sacrifice not privilege Reflections and disc...
I am happy to be able to tell you that I am to become the Vicar of Holy Trinity Barnes at some point in the middle of next year and I will b...
Paul warns elders not to teach 'what itching ears' desire to hear. It is an easy thing to do. My essay for potty training (post-ordi...
Post a Comment