Saturday, August 09, 2014

Saturday blog-sweep

The new has been horrific this week and these two posts caught my eye The silence of peaceful muslims and Some hard truths behine Israel/ Gaza and Isis/Iraq

Gay, Christian and ...celibate

Driscoll has hit yet more choppy water and this article Not our problem sums up the problems and lessons.

Rowan Williams on the Christian life

One simple leadership tip

For any budding apologists, this book looks worth checking out.

Don't shoot down new ideas

The story told in Proof  (p.81-83) about a trip to Disney world made me cry.

VIM

I read this prayer from George Whitefield on Steve McCoy's twitter feed and it blessed me:

'God give me a deep humility, a well-guided zeal, a burning love and a single eye and then let men and the devil do their worst.'

This (via J D Greear) made me smile

Eric Metaxa tweeted why much of the Islamic world is such a problem....."It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it" G K Chesterton

I presided at a wonderful wedding yesterday and the bride came down the aisle to an instrumental version of Oceans. This song seems to have followed me everywhere over the summer and its words are gently seeping into my heart.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful