Monday, July 23, 2007

Jesus Ministry Conference

I have arrived in Tacoma, Seattle for the conference. Nothing like a 14 hour flight to test the resilence. I attended a service on my first day at New Song and it was great. They meet on a Saturday evening and about 400 people mainly between the ages of 16 and 35 worship, pray and hang out. It is what passionate church should be and made me realise there is MORE to go for. Most striking was the fire of the Pastor Brian Brendt and his exposed heart as he prayed. They definately have a thing going on here.

I am staying with a wonderful couple Thom and Valerie and they have been amazing hosts. I arrived at midnight and hired my car from Alamo. There was an extraordinarily long queue and it seemed to take an unreasonably long time to get people their cars. I admot to been a little less than my usual merry self having been dleayed for 5 hours anot not slept for 24! Anyway, eventually I got to my car to discover it was a convertible chevvy! I had requested the cheapest they had going but the good Lord had me upgraded. Prosperity is alive and well....

Anyone wanting to attend a 'Living Free' conference can do so without having to travel 2000 miles by coming to Christchurch Fulham in October. I will be there so hopefully will see you if the urge prompts you to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey David, Thought of you so I hunted for your Blog... now I'll not have you write anything about me!! Glad to hear your settling into the Tacoma swing, Big Up from the Richmond Massive, Represent! A

revtmcg said...

if you are coming to new wine can we leave it a couple of days before we hook up?...just to allow some time for you to readjust with your jetlag and what will be in no doubt a renewed and passionate enthusiasm for all things tacoma..you will find me either in bed (yes I am taking a bed to new wine)or the chill out zone (hoping the have one?)...or in latte central (hoping they have one?)...its my first time of course as have avoided it up till now, is it possible to be a New Wine Virgin? Being a christian festival I guess it is..

David Cooke said...

Thanks for the comment Adam. Delayed in 'Philly' as they call it due to thunder. Glad you found the blog. Tim see you at New Wine but will be a day later than expected. Will call when I land.

David Cooke said...

Thanks for the comment Adam. Delayed in 'Philly' as they call it due to thunder. Glad you found the blog. Tim see you at New Wine but will be a day later than expected. Will call when I land.

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful