Thursday, December 22, 2022

That was the year that was

As you may have noticed, it's been very quiet here for a long time but it's now time to start writing and sharing again. 

When I first started blogging, one of the bloggers who blessed me was a man called Tim Challies. He pointed me to lots of good books and interesting places that fed my soul in countless ways. However, because I've been off blogging, I've been off reading blogs too so as I came back on stream I read his blog for the first time in a long time. 

What I learnt so saddened me. I read that Tim had lost his only son who died suddenly and tragically young. As the father of two sons, I can't imagine the pain that he must have been through and the deep questions of how  God could put him through such a thing. Tim has called his book 'Seasons of sorrow' and it's now on my Christmas list to read in 2023. 

 


Tim has his Collected best lists of 2022 reads.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful