Thursday, March 15, 2012

TED: a very productive twenty minutes

A pal has given up TV and DVD's for Lent but is allowing themselves to watch worthy things on You tube should they present themselves. There are a number I have noticed observing what is commonly known as 'the feast day exception' allowing a little bit of ________ (fill in the blank) every now and then- coffee for example (you know who you are)... Similar, against the rules snacking, I hear seems to have happened during the Rice and Beans Challenge so I am reliably informed by my teeny-weeny bit smug friend who did it all properly :)

This year I have given up absolutely nothing- I am revisiting that grace thing I keep banging on about and don't think I will ever quite get over......

Anyway, if you have a ________ moment, I can certainly recommend TED for a visual fix and in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Eastenders you can take on some mightily encouraging, inspiring and helpful thoughts and ideas. Every now and then I watch a TED not so much for information but just to remind myself how incredibly amazing and creative people are. Here are the 20 Essential TED talks for Future Leaders (via What's best next) that the folks doing our Growing Leaders Course and others too might well enjoy and find inspiring.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful