Friday, May 29, 2009

Learning about fishing

Make the arts part of your lives.

Five minutes with Dawkins

A lost art of reading out loud

The Keller day I missed is now available on audio

A friend has been meeting with an elderly mentor for study and prayer and tells me his friend really 'knows' the bible. His new encourager has had him reading an old book called 'In understanding be men'. You might want to read it.

I have introduced a friend to my passion for fly-fishing and you never quite know if the enthusiasm will last- I think it might. By the way, I am the one fishing in the rain!

The gift of discernment

One of the first sermons I ever preached was on Galatians and here are some commentary recommendations



No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful