Thursday, March 19, 2015

Leaky roofs and other matters

The budget gave a tax break to church roofs.

Thanks to David Keen for putting me on to the Evidence to Action website of church growth resources. Well worth breaking a fast for!

These lyrics were quotes in the BioY notes:

‘The night is deafening,
When the silence is listening,
And I’m down on my knees,
And I know that something is missing

Sooner than later, I’ll need a saviour,
I’ll need a saviour...
I just wanna run to you,
And break off the chains, and throw them away,
I just wanna be so much,
And shake off the dust that turned me to rust.
Sooner than later, I’ll need a saviour,
I’ll need a saviour...’





J D Greer in chapter three of 'Gospel' describes asking his wife to tell him about his sins. It is a very challenging read if you happen to be a pastor (as I am) and it came on the back of my reading this post about envy and rivalry in ministry.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful