Thursday, August 09, 2012

Questions of suffering


Keller wrote an interesting article in response to the Colorado Batman shootings in answer to common questions people ask about suffering.
'As a minister, I’ve spent countless hours with suffering people crying: “Why did God let this happen?” In general I hear four answers to this question. Each is wrong, or at least inadequate.
The first answer is “I guess this proves there is no God.” The problem with this thinking is that the problem of senseless suffering does not go away if you abandon belief in God.'
You should read the rest of the essay called 'My Faith: The danger of asking 'Why me?'
You might also like to check out this podcast called 'Questions of suffering'

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful