Thursday, June 23, 2011

Heart exposure

Gatherings of Christian leaders are funny things not least because of the things they reveal in my own heart. I attended a wonderfully helpful morning on church planting this week and found so much of the material and the testimony encouraging. There were many friends to see and and good stories of success being told. James Dobson once famously said that 'Comparison is the root of all inadequacy...' and I saw so much in my own heart that remains un-sanctified.  I am in Chapter 12 in my Romans adventure and listening to Let your love be genuine was really timely for me. Who among God's people wouldn't need to listen to this?

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful