Friday, July 30, 2010

An education

Piper in this talks about truth.

Ruthless honesty is a rare thing and this morning listening to Lynn Barber on Desert Island Discs I think I heard someone who is prepared to tell it.

An Education was one of the best films I have seen in a long while and is the story of her early life. I doubt she would ever win the Piper award for Christian living (not when she tells you the number of people she slept with at Oxford which made me choke on my cornflakes it was so many!) but she is prepared to look the questions asked of her in the eye and answer them. As a journalist and possibly the greatest interviewer of her generation one might have expected as much.

How deeply refreshing.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful