Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Four questions to ask a Scripture

I am working my way slowly through Doctrine and finding it a helpful read. In the chapter entitled 'God Speaks' I found these four questions very helpful on how to read the bible. This bible study 101 but I am amazed at how many Christians have so little idea and confidence about how to read Scripture. I hope this may be a help.

Making a plan to read this book slowly, methodically and with a pen in hand over the next couple of months would be time well spent.

Here are the four questions:

1.  What does the Scripture actually say?

2.  What does the Scripture mean?

3.  What is this section of Scripture teaching that apply to all God's people in all times and places?

4.  How should I respond to what God has said?

[Pages 72-75]

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful